What is a Standard Toilet Height?
Standard toilet height is the average height of a toilet measured from the floor to the top of its seat.
It’s important when purchasing a new toilet that you measure your bathroom space and find one that meets these criteria to ensure comfort.
The Standard Toilet Heights According to ADA Guidelines
The standard toilet height, according to ADA guidelines, is between 17 to 19 inches high measured from the floor.
It is important to measure your bathroom space and purchase a new toilet that meets this criterion to ensure comfort.
Toilets that are higher or lower than the average can become uncomfortable and difficult for people with disabilities or those who are taller/shorter than the average person.
This will ensure optimal comfort for all users of your home’s bathroom facilities.
Variations in Toilet Heights and Their Advantages
There are some variations of toilet heights on the market which can be advantageous for different people.
Taller toilets, often known as comfort height toilets, are becoming increasingly popular and measure up to about 20 inches from floor to seat.
This higher height increases comfort for taller individuals and those who have difficulty sitting down or standing up from a standard toilet seat.
Additionally, lower-height toilets that measure less than 17 inches may also be available for children or wheelchair users who need a more accessible option.
It’s important to consider your individual needs when selecting the perfect model of the toilet for your home.
Common Types of Toilets and Their Heights
When shopping for a toilet, it is important to consider the standard height according to ADA guidelines.
The average toilet height is between 17 and 19 inches from the floor to the top of its seat. However, variations are available that are higher or lower than this average depending on individual needs.
Taller toilets, which measure up to 20 inches from floor to seat, can provide increased comfort for taller individuals or those with difficulty sitting down and standing up from a regular-sized toilet.
Lower-height toilets measuring less than 17 inches may be suitable for children or wheelchair users who require an accessible option.
8 Tips for Finding the Right Toilet Height for Your Home and Lifestyle Needs
1. Measure and double-check the space in your bathroom before purchasing a toilet to make sure it will fit comfortably.
2. Research which type of toilet is best suited for your needs and lifestyle, such as comfort-height toilets for taller individuals or lower-height toilets for wheelchair users.
3. Consider the weight capacity of the toilet when making your selection.
4. Make sure to check the height of the toilet both from the floor and from the top of its seat for optimal comfort.
5. Take into account any special features you may need such as a bidet or heated seats when selecting your perfect toilet.
6. Don’t forget to measure your bathroom space before purchasing a new toilet to ensure the perfect fit.
7. Choose a toilet that meets ADA guidelines for standard height, which is between 17 and 19 inches from the floor to the top of its seat.
8. Look for toilets with adjustable feet so that you can make minor adjustments if needed.
Subscribe to our email newsletter to get the latest posts delivered right to your email.